Everyone is welcome to join the BSR!
All gifts from individuals above £50 (€60 for those joining in Rome) qualify for BSR membership for the remainder of the calendar year and to the following 31 March.
Individual Member (£50 and above)
Supporting Member (£100 and above)
Sustaining Member (£500 and above)
Ashby Patron membership starts at £2,000 and above per annum.
All of our individual Members enjoy:
- Eligibility to stay at the BSR (charges apply)
- Complimentary BSR Library membership (24/7 access if resident, normal business hours if not)
- E-Invitations to Member events in the UK and Italy
- Advance, emailed notice of BSR News and BSR Events
- The Annual Review and Fine Arts Catalogue
Papers of the BSR (PBSR)
Member access to Papers of the British School at Rome is changing from the 2017-18 membership year (begins 1 April 2017) in response to evolving patterns of use by members and increased publishing costs.
From 1 April 2017, Supporting Members and above will continue to receive a copy of the current printed version of the Papers of the British School at Rome, as well as digital access to earlier volumes through PBSR Online.
Individual Members (£50) may purchase PBSR for:
- Current printed version plus digital PBSR online: £21
- PBSR Online only: £15
See How to support us for further details.
Universities, cultural and arts organisations, foundations and museums making a donation of £120 or more to the Annual Fund enjoy:
- A printed copy of the Papers of the British School at Rome (published each autumn)
- Access to PBSR Online including earlier volumes of PBSR
- The ability to propose students for the City of Rome postgraduate course (acceptance is reserved to the BSR)
- Eligibility for groups to stay at the BSR and use the Library (subject to availability, and at current rates, NB all group members are also required to become BSR individual members)
- Reasonable use of BSR research services to support visiting groups
- E-invitations to Members events in the UK and Italy
- Emailed updates on our activities past and future via the quarterly BSR News and thrice-yearly BSR Events schedule
- Printed copies of the current Annual Review and Fine Arts catalogue