Funded Residential Awards
Every year the British School at Rome offers outstanding scholars and artists the opportunity to join this community and work in Rome for 3 to 12 months.
Our highly competitive rewards are offered across the BSR’s disciplines in the Visual Arts, Architecture, Archaeology, History and Modern Italian Studies.
Award-holders receive accommodation and full board (except dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday) in a study bedroom or artist’s studio.
The British School at Rome is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in its awards policy and in the way it offers access to all its facilities and services. The object of the policy is to ensure that no applicant or awardee is treated more or less favourably than any other on grounds of (for example) race, colour, gender, religion, marital status, social background, disability, and age (except where the conditions of the awards specify otherwise).
It is the policy of the British School at Rome to offer full or equivalent access to all users. The School aims to support full participation by residents in all aspects of its academic and social life. The School is a small institution but will offer its resources, staff and equipment to address the needs of staff, awardees or visitors with disabilities wherever it can.
Applicants with special needs are requested to contact the Registrar before submitting their application to discuss their requirements.
General criteria, applicable unless amended for specific awards.
- Residencies will be tenable in the academic year (October – June).
- Award-holders are required to live at the BSR.
- Partners may be accommodated for strictly limited periods by prior agreement but must pay for their board and lodging at the BSR’s prevailing rates. Children cannot be accommodated.
- Successful applicants will be required to take out medical insurance for the duration of their tenure.
- The BSR reserves the right to alter any aspect of the Awards.